Call for Proposals to Fund Projects against Gender Violence
African Women’s Development Fund (AWDF) has announced the call for proposals to provide grants to NGOS to carry out work for the elimination of gender-based violence. Specifically, the Fund is calling on women’s organizations across Africa to submit proposals proposals with innovative strategies for commemoration of the 2012 Sixteen Days of Activism against Gender Violence.
The goal for AWDF’s support of the 2012 16 Days of Activism Against Gender Violence campaign is to promote the establishment of local campaigns and the engagement of all actors in preventing violence and supporting women and girls who are victims of abuse through:
- Workshops and awareness-raising events at national and local levels on violence against women (media activities, IEC materials, press conferences, debates, open fora, quizzes, sports and drama among others).
- Dissemination of information about laws against domestic violence.
- Establish and increase collaboration with stakeholders, especially law enforcement agents, to fight gender violence and/or facilitate access to justice.
- Applicants must have been in existence for at least 3 years
- The organisation must be duly registered, at least with its local government structure
- The organization must be led by a woman
- The organization must be a community based organisation
- The organization must have an appreciable financial management system
- The organization must be capable of reporting back on the outcomes of the project
- The organization must be highly recommended by a donor agency, a grantee or partner of AWDF or the local government office
- Applicant must complete application forms
The deadline to submit proposals is 20 July 2012. For more information, visit this link.