web2.0 and Social Media Learning Opportunity in Uganda, 26 – 28 November 2013
WOUGNET in collaboration with CTA will host a 3-day Web 2.0 and Social Media Learning Opportunity on 26 – 28 November 2013. Participants will be introduced to selected web2.0 applications including social media and will learn how to use them hands-on. The Learning Opportunity will cover advanced online searching, getting information served via alerts and RSS, collaborating remotely using wikis and Google Docs, using VoIP, online mapping and social networking.
Participants will get a chance to see what others have done, get hands-on experience on how to use innovative applications, and assess how they could adopt these innovations within the context of their work and organisation.
This Learning Opportunity forms part of CTA initiatives that support development partners in networking, accessing and disseminating information more effectively.
Tentative Programme of the Learning Opportunity
· Introduction to the participatory World Wide Web (Web 2.0) and social media;
· Search Magic: How to conduct advanced multilingual online searches;
· Information Self Service: How to get selected information served to you via alerts and RSS feeds;
· Remote collaboration: How to develop content remotely using wikis and Google Docs;
· Online mapping: How to locate your organisation and your projects on an online map;
· How to communicate voice over the internet at no cost;
· Online publishing (micro-blogging and blogging);
· Professional / corporate social networking (LinkedIn and Facebook);
· Web 2.0 self-instruction (introduction to iMARK).
Participants – Eligibility and responsibilities
Participation in the Learning Opportunity is at a limited fee of 150,000 UGX, but subject to acceptance by the organisers at WOUGNET. 15 participants will be accepted for the event.
· be computer literate and conversant with browsing the Internet;
· have regular access to a computer (ownership of a computer is an advantage);
· be competent in the use of the English language;
· have an active e-mail account;
During the event, the organisers will provide refreshments and distribute copies of CTA publications and instructional material.
How to apply
If you are interested in applying, please send an email to:
Or Call WOUGNET at 0414 532035
Or 0782752198 Moses
Or Register Online here:
Application Link https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/wougnet_06
Deadline for applications: 8th November 2013
The organisers will inform successful applicants about the status of their application two weeks before the commencement of the course. Successful applicants will receive confirmation letters. Others will be duly informed about the results of their application.
Find us on Facebook
Like our pages on facebook
Kubere Information Center - KIC