Job Opportunity at WOUGNET: Project Officer – Governance and Accountability
WOUGNET is recruiting a Project Officer to be based in Tororo district and work on the project “Promoting and strengthening citizens’ participation and demand for accountability in public service delivery through use of ICTs”.
The suitable candidate must be comfortable and knowledgeable in governance issues such as accountability, transparency, familiar with local government district service delivery and rural community developement.
This position is based on a one-year contract that is renewable.
Skills, Experience and Other Requirements
Candidates for this position need to demonstrate:
- Good understanding of ICT for development practices
- Good understanding of governance issues and e-governance
- Good ICT skills and application of ICT in development
- Ability to work effectively in rural environments and with people with a wide range of knowledge of local governance issues
- Good interpersonal skills, with an ability to build a team that can effectively support project implementation
- Good organisational and planning skills including the ability to prioritise and manage own time even under pressure
- Good presentation skills
- Gender sensitive with excellent writing, communication and reporting skills as well as good public relations
- Willingness and ability to travel and work outside official working hours.
Desirable experience and skills
Candidates will have an advantage if they can demonstrate the following:
- Knowledge of governance issues and district local governance issues
- Exposure and experience in using ICTs for rural development
- Ability to work in the rural community setting
- Knowledge of the local language in the area of operation
The minimum for this position is a university degree with a qualification in Bachelor of Arts in Social Sciences, i.e., Social Work and Social Administration, Development Studies, and/or Gender and Development Studies. Study or training in areas of ICT for development is an added advantage.
3. How to Apply
Interested applicants with the required qualifications and experience should submit their applications including CV and references by email to email@example.com or by hand-delivery to the WOUGNET Secretariat, Plot 55 Kenneth Dale, Kamwokya. All communication should be addressed to the WOUGNET Coordinator.
Applications must reach the WOUGNET Secretariat by 5:00 pm on Monday 14th October 2013. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, and this will be within two weeks of the application deadline. Women are particularly encouraged to apply.