WOUGNET: Web 2.0 and Social Media Learning Opportunity, 23 – 25 June 2015
Greetings from WOUGNET,
We will be conducting a web 2.0 and Social Media training opportunity scheduled to take place in Kampala, Kamwokya – on the 23 – 25 June 2015. We will introduce participants to selected web 2.0 applications including social media and will learn how to use them hands-on.
The Learning Opportunity will cover advanced online searching, getting information served via alerts and RSS, collaborating remotely using wikis and Google Docs, using VoIP, and social networking.
Participants will get a chance to see what others have done, get hands-on experience on how to use innovative applications, and assess how they could adopt these innovations within the context of their work and organisation.
NB: The super Discount is still on. We will charge only 50,000Ugx per person for 3 days starting 8:30 am – 1:00pm. We will offer breakfast only to participants.
The overall objective of the course is to empower development professionals to recognize the potential of Social Media and make innovative use of these tools to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of their teams, augment the reach of their work and enhance the institutional image of their organizations.
- Participants gets a training certificate co-issued by WOUGNET & the Technical Center for Agriculture and Rural Cooperation (ACP-EU) – a lead organisation in ACP countries supporting innovative ICT use and application
- Participants get to join the web2fordev community – with over 3,000 members and ability to get free online support and mentoring
- Joins the ICT4D Youth community in Uganda – active youth groups set up by WOUGNET strategically using ICTs for their own personal development
- Participants joins the WOUGNET and web2fordev mailing lists where they continue to receive regular updates as well as opportunities
- WOUGNET may recommend such participants in other online/ICT4D opportunities as they may wish or contact WOUGNET
- Organisations/individuals will get the opportunity to learn from the WOUGNET experience
If you are interested please follow the link below to register: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/B87JZK6
For more information please call us on 0414-532035/ 0782752198/ 0781426108 or send us an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Find us on Facebook
Like our pages on facebook
Kubere Information Center - KIC