Type of agreement:
- Full time
- Starting month: October, 2022
- Duration: 6 months (renewable and possibly evolving towards permanent employment).
- Duty station: Kabarole district.
Overview of the PATHS Project
The project aims to increase and improve smallholders farmers resilience to food security by instigating the level of transition to a sustainable food system through inclusive participation and use of digital technologies for sustainable agricultural production in Uganda by 2026. Specific objectives of the PATHS project are;
- To increase knowledge, strengthen capacity and agroecology skills of smallholders’ farmers with focus on gender and group dynamics to provide a wide variety of nutritious foods and services from agriculture to boost household incomes and health in a sustainable manner.
- To leverage on digital technologies to advocate for the need to coherently mainstream agroecology approach in national and sustainable agricultural development by documenting and providing evidence-based information on the effects of agroecological innovations in Uganda.
- To foster strategic multi stakeholders’ collaborations and partnerships among smallholders’ farmers and decision makers to enhance their capacity to engage and prioritize agricultural practices aimed at increasing household incomes, natural environmental protection as well as reducing inequalities through the youth and women-led farmer groups.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The Project Officer will be responsible for:
- Planning, coordinating, and implementing project activities in the project areas in accordance with the project work plan.
- Coordinating with the key stakeholders and the project beneficiaries for efficient project implementation.
- Documentation of project activities and production of reports as required by the organisation.
- Representing WOUGNET at all relevant stakeholders engagements in the region.
- Maintaining WOUGNET field office in the region and establishing strategic partnerships and collaborations for the organisation.
- Ensuring project visibility.
- Participating in WOUGNET staff events happening virtually or physically.
- Participating in resource mobilisation.
- Participating in monitoring and evaluation activities.
- Any other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the project coordinator/ manager from time to time.
Qualification and Experience
- A bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, Development Studies or any other related field.
- Fluency in the English language and any of the local languages in the Rwenzori region.
- Experience in project management
- Knowledge in gender and community development.
- Advanced Computer skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Knowledge in resource mobilisation
- Knowledge in participatory training methodology
How to apply
Send your application (CV, cover letter, copies of academic documents in one PDF) addressed to Women of Uganda Network (WOUGNET) by Friday 23/09/2022, 11:59 pm EAT at the latest with the mention "Project Officer PATHS Uganda Application" in the subject line to the following e-mail addresses:
FEMALE applicants are STRONGLY encouraged to apply.
NOTE: ONLY ONLINE applications will be considered.
: ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.