How You Can Pin Location in Google Maps
A real-time view of the traffic situation, predicted toll costs, and other new features have recently been added to Google Maps. This demonstrates that Google Maps is more than just a route-finding tool for consumers. Users may drop a location on the map, save it, and share it with their friends and family, which is one of the app’s key features. When a location doesn’t have an address or is off the beaten path, this tool can be quite helpful. Users of Android, iOS, and desktop devices have access to the dropping pin feature.
Google Maps is much more than just a way to navigate from point A to point B. Depending on your mode of transportation, it can give you information about routes and schedules for public transit and tailor your trip. Additionally, you may use it to place a pin and choose to save it to your profile or share it with others. If the location you’re looking for lacks an address or is off the beaten path, dropping a pin can be helpful. Additionally, it comes in handy when Google occasionally gets a place wrong. On Android, iOS, and desktop, follow these instructions to put a pin on Google Maps.
How You Can Pin Location in Google Maps?
Nearly everyone of us has a straightforward smartphone app that we frequently use, but not everyone is aware of all its features. Yes, we are referring to Google Maps, which, if you are a regular traveler, may be one of the most utilized apps on your phone. Google Maps is fairly easy to use; you can enter any place and quickly receive directions there. The programmed also has a tone of other capabilities, most of which are unknown to most users. The ability to place a pin anywhere on the map and use it for your own purposes is one of Google Maps’ most intriguing features.
Lost pins may can be shared with people, and can be used to mark important locations, and much more. So, in this article, we will be discussing how you can drop a pin on Google Maps, whether you use a mobile phone or a computer. And, we will also cover all the things that you can do with a dropped pin. So, stay tuned and read this article until the end as it’s going to be highly informative for you all.
You Can Pin Location in Google Maps Details
How To Pin Location in Google Maps?
Here are the steps you can follow to drop pin location in Google Maps on Android, iOS, and desktop.
- Open the Google Maps app
- Long press on the desired location, and you will see a red pin on that location now
- You will see a bunch of options for that location at the bottom
- You can now start navigating by tapping on “directions”, “start”
- Users also get an option to “save” and “share” the pin location on other social media channels including WhatsApp
Favorites, Want to go, and Starred Places are the three categories in which you can save the pin location. In the app, you can add or remove categories and lists. Users can even select whether these lists are shared with other users, made public, or kept private. Users can create groups on Google Maps where they can share destinations by pinning them and organizing their travels. Google has finally begun to push out a function to Maps that estimates the toll cost of a commuter’s trip for the uninitiated.
How to Drop a Pin on the Google Maps iOS App?
The process for how to drop a pin in Google Maps on iOS is broadly the same as the process for Android.
- Open the Google Maps app.
- Search for an address or scroll around the map until you find the ideal pin location.
- To drop the pin, long-press on the screen in the desired location.
- The address or coordinates will pop up at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap on the location to see more details, get directions, add labels, etc.
How to Drop a Pin on Google Maps on Desktop?
Many people don’t realize that it’s also possible to drop a pin on Google Maps from any desktop operating system.
- Head to the Google Maps homepage.
- Find the location where you want to place the dropped pin, then left-click on the exact spot.
- A small grey pin icon will appear on the map, and you’ll see an information box pop up at the bottom of the screen.
- If you click on the information box, a new panel will appear on the left-hand side of the screen, containing more information and providing you with some additional options.
How to Make the Most of a Dropped Pin?
Let’s now look at some of the things you can do once you’ve dropped the pin and you’re happy with the pin’s location. The exact options vary slightly depending on whether you’re using a mobile or desktop operating system. We’ll look at each feature in turn.
Use a Dropped Pin for Directions
The ability to provide directions is undoubtedly Google Maps’ most helpful feature, as we stated at the beginning. Dropped pins become a crucial element of the procedure if you are unsure of the address of a specific spot. Your dropped pin can be used as either a beginning point or an ending point. Unfortunately, it is impossible to locate two dropped pins and determine the direction between them. Instead, you must drop one pin, write down the address or coordinates, and then drop another pin to serve as your starting and ending points. The map will show paths that can be taken by bike, foot, air, and even by plane.