About the Job
Women of Uganda Network (WOUGNET) is a non-governmental organization initiated in May 2000 by several women’s organizations in Uganda to develop the use of information and communication technologies (ICTs) among women as tools to share information and address issues collectively. WOUGNET’s vision is an inclusive and just society where women and girls are enabled to use ICTs for sustainable development.
WOUGNET is looking to recruit a passionate individual to join our team to fill the vacant position in the capacity of Programme Manager, Information Sharing, and Networking.
Title: Programme Manager, Information Sharing and Networking.
Location: Head Office- Kampala.
Working hours: Full time
Starting date: July 2023
Duration: 12 months (renewable and possibly evolving towards permanent employment)
Key Function, Accountabilities, and Related Duties/tasks
- Provide leadership in the development and implementation of WOUGNET’s Information Sharing and Networking program area to enable it to achieve its expected results.
- Promote, represent, and communicate WOUGNET’s vision, mission, and values nationally and internationally.
- Initiate linkages and partnerships between WOUGNET’s Information Sharing and Networking Programme and those of its national and international members and partners;
- Lead in resource mobilization and participate in monitoring and evaluation and control of the organization’s expenditures – with particular emphasis on funding requirements and expenses associated with the Information Sharing and Networking Programme;
- Promote good public relations and networking opportunities for WOUGNET.
- Manage the Resource center, update information, and update the notice Board with any new information materials. Bringing to the attention of Program officers specific information materials pertinent to their programs.
- Manage both internal and external communication of the organization in all programs, projects, and networks.
Required qualifications, competencies and experience
A Degree in Social Sciences, Public relations and International Diplomacy, Journalism, Mass Communication, Gender, and a Master’s degree will be an added advantage.
- At least 5 years experience in a comparable position with references.
- Postgraduate qualification in gender and development
- Experience in conducting and managing group meetings and training is desired.
- Fluency in the English language and advanced computer applications
- Ability and willingness to move frequently in remote areas.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience in managing multicultural relationships and personalities.
- Knowledge in gender issues analysis and rural development and/or poverty alleviation issues.
- The candidate should be able to build and maintain partnerships, demonstrate self-awareness and ethical awareness, drive to achieve results for impact, be innovative and embrace change, manage ambiguity and complexity, think and act strategically and work collaboratively with others.
How to Apply
All interested and qualified persons are strongly encouraged to apply by submitting their application (CV, cover letter, copies of academic documents in pdf format) along with the contacts of three professional referees addressed to the Human Resource Department, Women of Uganda Network (WOUGNET) through email: email@example.com and copy in firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the position applied for as the subject.
Applications should be received by 5.00 pm EAT on the 9th June 2023.
Please note: Application and curriculum vitae of not more than 5 pages should be attached in one PDF document. Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
FEMALE applicants are STRONGLY encouraged to apply.
NOTE: WOUGNET does not accept any payment for providing jobs and ONLY online applications will be considered.