Nomination for CBF/WOUGNET Partnership for e-Mentoring Programme – May 2016 Intake
Many women in Uganda have the ideas and ambition needed to become successful entrepreneurs, but are held… [more]
WOUGNET: Web 2.0 and Social Media Learning Opportunity, 22 – 24 March 2016
Greetings and Happy New Year! WOUGNET is conducting a Web 2.0 and Social Media Learning Opportunity… [more]
National Dialogue on Ending Child Marriage in Uganda
On the 20th of November 2015, the Girls Not Brides Alliance finalized the Advocacy workshop on capacity… [more]
From Peace in the Home to Peace in the World: Make Education Safe for All!
The 16 Days of Activism against Gender-Based Violence run from 25 November (International Day for the… [more]
Social media dominates women’s use of the web
By Sumita Thapar Poor women in cities are using the internet just as much as more affluent women… [more]
The Women’s Economic Empowerment Conference was held at the Museum of Uganda, organized by UKaid and Challenges WorldWide. The conference room was filled with female entrepreneurs and directors of organizations dedicated to the growth and support of not only the ...
“Hey mzungu— nice size!” “jagala mzungu, I love you!” “I want your white pussy!” These are only a few of the comments that I have received as a woman walking down the street in Kampala. Unfortunately, comments such as these are ...
- June 13, 2016Ugandan Women's Health as a form of empowerment(0) Comments
- June 8, 2016The Ugandan Father’s Place in Child-Care(0) Comments
- June 8, 2016Gender Disparities within Business Entrepreneurs in Uganda(0) Comments
- June 7, 2016WOUGNET: Web 2.0 and Social Media Learning Opportunity, 5 -7 July 2016(0) Comments
- June 2, 2016Club Crawlers from Montreal to Kampala(2) Comments
- June 2, 2016Gender-Based Disparities Within Uganda’s Unique Cultural Contexts(1) Comments